Monday 21 February 2011

Kalvin's farewell

Kalvin Reid, editorial page editor at the St. Catharines Standard, said his farewell to readers on the weekend after 12 years at the paper.

"Since word of my pending departure began to spread, the support and kind words from my colleagues, contacts, sources and the community have been both flattering and humbling," says Reid.

"I have met, and become friends with, too many people to list here. As I have said time and time again to anyone who would listen, it's the people who make this job great.

"That is what I am going to miss most."

3 comments:

  1. Strathmore/Hanna publisher called it quits after struggling to outsell its former publisher Mario, who started up a private paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are there any of Nancy Middleton's publishers left?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He left to go to a well-respected public relations company.. shows how much the company is sucking out of its most-talented journalists..

    ReplyDelete