Sunday 14 August 2011

From Brad

Brad Honywill tells TSF:

"I hope the person who posted that wasn't a journalist. They got both the spelling of my name (as sent) and the story wrong.

"As previously reported, I'm not returning to the newsroom. On June 1, I took a staff job with the union. So the threat of my return has been removed, just the opposite of what was stated in the posting.

"Besides, Dave (Ellis) was a Sunday editor and I was an assistant city editor."

Brad also says:

"Let me say a few words about Dave. 

"Dave Ellis is probably the finest editor I have encountered in my 30 years in the news business. His news judgment is superb. But more than that, he has a wickedly wry sense of humour that provided endless entertainment for his fellow city deskers and I'm honoured to count him as a good friend.

"Many people don't know that Dave, who held senior management positions at both the Star and the Globe, was also a trailblazer for the union movement, having organized the Stratford Beacon-Herald in the 1970s, and he was always an active supporter of the union at the Sun.

"His departure from the Sun newsroom is a great loss."

Thank you for your input, Brad.

It's interesting how a confirm or deny posting can generate more substance, which would have been lost if not posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment