Thursday 11 August 2011

Rob & Dave

Updated
Chris Harrison writes:

I worked at the Sun for 15 years in the HR department before I resigned at the beginning of 2008. As the HR director, I had very much supported Rob's last promotion and saw him as a young star that would develop into a strong leader in the newsroom for many years to come.

Rob is a great guy and I am surprised that he is leaving.

Rob, I wish you all the best.

Rob Granatstein had this to say on his Facebook page:

I've loved going to work every single day of my 17 years at the Toronto Sun. The team of reporters, editors, photographers, cartoonists, librarians and everyone else at 333 King St. E. are treasures and I'm so proud to have been able to call them colleagues and friends.

I worked hard every day to earn the respect of my colleagues, our readers and even the people who didn't read The Sun.

I believe passionately in the work the team at The Sun does and I wish all my friends only the best.

I'm humbled by the outpouring of support I've received in person, by phone, e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. It has overwhelmed me.

I'm looking forward to taking some time away from the greatest job I've ever had, then figuring out what contribution I can make to ensure this is the best city possible for my family to live in going forward.

Thank you,

Rob

If you have messages for Rob and Dave Ellis, post a comment or send TSF an email.

Firings can be a bewildering time for people in any line of work.

Being company men, as were Rob and Dave, makes it all the more difficult.

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to Rob. Total class. Rob's post sums up the qualities shared by so many outstanding people who have been dumped by Sun Media -- committed journalists and editors who supported the daily drive to produce solid journalism, lived and breathed their papers, remained positive in the face of cutbacks, and treated colleagues with respect and were respected back. It's unbelievable that these qualities qualify you to be dumped in these times when corporations are supposedly valuing human capital.

    ReplyDelete