Sunday 20 April 2008

The 2 Tracys

There they were again, twice in the past week - almost identical stories in the Toronto Sun and Barrie Examiner by Tracy McLaughlin and Tracy McConkey respectively.

We are befuddled. It's kinda like a Joe Warmington column here and a Joe Warming column there, or a Peter Worthington column here and a Peter Worthing column there. Can't say we've ever seen this before.

Readers of the Sun Media newspapers in Toronto and Barrie probably couldn't care less, but what's the story from a newspaper's point of view?

2 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with a freelancer selling their work to more than one outlet. Happens also with some photos that appear both in the Toronto Star and the Toronto Sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi readers, I posted my reasons for the 2 Tracys earlier but don't see it on the blog so I will post it again...Yes, we are one and the same. I recently was married for the first time at the age of 50. I had planned to do the old-fashioned thing and go by my new married name of McConkey, but after some 20 years of being a news writer/photographer I discovered that suddenly going by a different name will pose a problem for many of my contacts.
    So I have decided to use my married name locally in the Barrie Examiner and my tried and true name of McLaughlin for all other media, including the Toronto Sun.
    In fact, I have many different personalities so only going by two names seems really quite simple. But I'm open to suggestions/critisism.

    ReplyDelete