Tuesday 9 November 2010

In, out, in, out

Peter Zimonjic, one of Sun Media's Tory Kory casualties in June and rehired in September, said Monday he's been fired again.

So what's that all about?

 
"Just got FIRED by Sun Media AGAIN - no reason given: save I was stupid enough to resign with these people: Raise a glass 4 me 2nite."

Later: "I wish I could say I was Kidding ... I just feel so stupid for trusting all the things they said when they hired me ..."

And on his Facebook page, he says two favourite quotes are: "The company is moving in a new direction" and "I must inform you that you do not fit the plan of the Ottawa Sun Comment Editor position going forward"

His presence remains on the Internet, with The Peter Zimonjic Daily, launched last week and consisting of links to stories by Ottawa journalists and news agencies.

One of the TPZD news items is a Canadian Press story about Ottawa police deciding not to  hold a criminal investigation into the alleged use of phoney names in that U.S.-based onlline petition targeting Sun TV.

The CP story says:

"It was decided it was not going to be treated as a criminal offence," Ottawa Const. J.P. Vincelette told The Canadian Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment