Saturday 18 December 2010

Silver lining

Quote of the week comes from one of the hundreds of Sun Media employees who have been axed in the past decade:

"I wake up every day thankful that I got axed from the Sun, as I enjoy my new job much more. It also reminds me about what I liked so much about the Sun: Working hard with fun, talented, smart dedicated people and having great bosses that care about you and your career."

As we count down to the Toronto Sun's 40th anniversary next Nov. 1, TSF invites casualties of the Quebecor era to tell us how their lives have changed, for better or for worse.

Each and every person axed by Sun Media has a story to tell.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous bloggers have way too many anonymous quotes to be taken seriously. We require names so our readers don't think we are making stuff up, why don't you do the same on this board?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people have good reasons for staying anonymous. Job security, references, etc. It's pretty low to accuse people of 'making stuff up'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because some people want to keep their jobs, JQ.

    A manager has told me they track this blog for comments and even check computer histories to see if anyone on staff has visited this site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's the deal. Some anonymous folk have witnessed and experienced some pretty horrible stuff. So bad that even after being downsized or even leaving on their own accord fear retribution for telling the truth. I was in management for many years. I witnessed many episodes where former staff couldn't even get recommendations. HR told management all pleas for recommendations had to go through them, which in turn meant more control over peoples futures. So choose to believe what you want, but I could write a book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why visit the site during work when I can log on from home to get updates on the sinking ship.

    ReplyDelete