Monday 20 September 2010

Atwood's story

Margaret Atwood has blogged about how her 600-word op-ed guest column reached readers of the Sunday Sun.

In a nutshell, Atwood says she had the grounds to sue Sun Media, but instead accepted an offer to write about the Fox News North petition she signed and the Sun stories that followed.

Atwood says "although I had grounds for a lawsuit or two of my own, I decided not to go down that road at present - who can afford the time? - and instead invoked the Great Pumpkin."

She writes in her The Year of the Flood blog:

"They (Sun Media) offered me 600 words. I took them.

"I tried to cover some of the high (or low) points of the many allegations about me made in their various articles, though doubtless I didn’t get them all. Their lawyers went over every word to make sure it was all factually accurate."

Meanwhile, the avaaz.ca petition has been signed by more than 80,000 visitors to the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment