Friday 30 January 2009

Cruise news

Peter Worthington says he hasn't been on an extended cruise since he shipped off to the Korean War in the 1950s.

The Toronto Sun's co-founder and founding editor sets sail again Sunday aboard the new Celebrity Solstice out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, for the National Citizens Coalition 2009 Cruise.

It is a paid Caribbean celebrity cruise gig - a first for Peter, who writes in today's column:

"Thanks to my son-in-law, I'm about to go on a Caribbean cruise as 'bait' for about 60 National Citizens Coalition fans who'll be subjected to the enlightened views of myself, David Frum, the National Post's Lorne Gunter, and conservative TV's John McLaughlin who, I think, has been around even longer than I have.

"Frankly, I'm a bit uneasy about what the venture entails."

Talking politics and the economy for seven days aboard a luxury cruise liner far from Ontario's deep freeze?

A breeze.

Bon voyage, Peter.

No comments:

Post a Comment